top of page

34. Mann's Drug Store (1880)

After providing Georgetown with prime retail and professional space for several decades, this building became vacant and dilapidated. In 1982, new owners began an extensive rehabilitation project which resulted in a restored wood and limestone storefront and full occupancy of both floors of the early commercial building.

Additional Information:

This building housed a hardware store with offices on the second floor during its early days. By 1889, a drug store opened on the first floor and stayed there for decades. W. H. Harrell 's Insurance Company officed on the second floor.

In 1904, Will Leake and Sam Henderson partnered on a new department store here called "The Fair".

Fun Facts

1. The building had been stuccoed before the renovations in the 1980s.

2. Although known as the Mann Building for W. L. Mann who ran the drugstore here, in the 1980s it was known as the Manning Building.

3. The 1980s saw the building with a CPA office downstairs and a law office on the second floor.

4. Many different doctors officed upstairs in th4e building over the decades.

2023

Chisholm Trail Community Foundation

www.chisholm-trail.org

CTCF-Bridge-white-170.png
Chisholm Trail.jpeg

Photo taken by David Valdez, 2023

manns 1984_edited.jpg

Photo taken in 1984

bottom of page