top of page
35. 114 W. 8th St (1889)
The continuous pressed metal cornince across the adjacent building onto this one suggests simultaneous construction. Current appearance of the façade was achieved in 1973 when the building was renovated for use as professional offices, now retail.
While a jeweler occupied a 1-story wooden building on the site in 1885, this current 1-story limestone building was open by 1889. The business sold books and jewelry and may have been owned by W. Y. Penn.
1. Henry Burkhardt bought the building in 1910 and ran his barber shop and confectionery here.
bottom of page