7. E.W. Talbott Building (1904)
With its wooden storefront, recessed double-door entry and decorative metal cornice, this early store typified commercial building traditions of its day. Early records indicate its use as a grocery store, followed by continuous retail and grocery occupation. Restoration was completed in 1983. This structure suffered extensive damage in 1998 as a result of a fire next door and was renovated as offices in 1999.
Davidson Grocery was a staple of the town for many years on the square.
1. The 1-story wood frame building on this site from 1885 – 1900 housed a bank and several jewelry stores.
2. The present building opened in 1905 with grocery stores located there until an auto supply store opened in 1916.