top of page
64. Old Railroad Produce Warehouse (1904)
Rusticated limestone masonry and a simple geometry make a powerful statement in this early industrial building. Built on the railhead to serve as a terminal for both incoming and outgoing produce, the building was later used as a gin and machine works. Before becoming vacant and falling into ruin, it also housed a sculptor’s studio. In 1995, it was creatively rehabilitated into office and residentil space while retaining much of its original design and material.
bottom of page