21. 216-224 W. 8th St (1930)
Simple lines and geometric brickwork, combined with large display windows and pressed metal ceilings, compose this commercial building. The structure provides 5 retail spaces.
The land under this building was owned by a local resident from the 1880s until they donated it to Texas Christian University. The current owner has owned the property since ?
1. Three of the five retail spaces are now operated by the Palace Theater (on Austin Ave)as a second stage venue.
2. Behind this building an alley space connects with an alley that runs north to south behind the properties on Austin Ave. It is a meeting place for cast and crew from both Palace Theater venues after performances.
Photo by David Valdez, 2023
Photo taken in 1984