top of page
40. Lesense-Stone Building (1884)
Occupying a prominent corner location, this building is a particularly fine use of native limestone. Skilled masons constructed walls of dressed limestone ashlar into which handsome arched windows and unusual porthole windows were incorporated. A pedimented metal cornice completes the front façade, which was restored in 1983. Stone’s Drug Store occupied the ground floor when the structure was originally completed and continued to occupy the building for many years.
bottom of page