top of page

43. Grace Heritage Center (1881)

This former sanctuary, the city’s oldest wood-frame religious structure, originally served the congregation of Grace Episcopal Church, founded in 1868. It was moved from its original site at 10th and Main to 1314 E. University Avenue in 1955. After acquiring it in 1991, the City of Georgetown relocated it to its present site and joined with Georgetown Heritage Society, now known as Preservation Georgetown, in its rehabilitation. With its Gothic revival detailing, the building features such exterior details as diamond-shaped and pointed arched windows, some with stained glass. Tapered wood finials extend from each corner of the two-story tower.

Additional Information:

Fun Facts: 

Grace 1996.jfif
Soco  no 1 Sanders Oil Company. NE Northeast corner of Church & 8th St. Current site of ch
inside grace_edited.jpg
grace on university 1984_edited.jpg


Preservation Georgetown

PG LOGO Transparent.png
bottom of page