top of page
58. C.A.D. Clamp Building (1889)
Departing from the local tradition of limestone, these buildings feature imported brick facades accentuated by cast iron columns attributed to F. Heireman, an Austin metalworker. Originally, each featured identical metal cornices. A stepped back parapet later replaced the cornice on 709 Main Street. Both buildings are owned by the Williamson County Sun, which has published on this location since 1934. The facades were restored in 1982.
The Williamson County Sun
bottom of page