top of page

13. Mileham Building (1891)

The Mileham Building stands out in downtown Georgetown with its grand example of a Mesker Brothers pressed metal storefront. Note the similarity of details on this building and the H. C. Craig Building. Marble and mirror held with copper strips embellish front display windows, indication a 1920’s remodeling. Early uses of the structure included a ground floor buggy repository and a second floor tin shop, followed by a hardware store for several decades. Restoration was completed in 1983.

Photo taken by David Valdez, 2023

Photo taken in 1984

bottom of page