Although the first floor wooden storefront was replaced with modern brick in the mid-20th century, this limestone building exhibits typical turn-of-the-century storefront design. The buff-colored brick upper portion of the façade is supported by cast iron columns and is accented with rusticated limestone window details and a pressed metal cornice.
By 1885 there were three buildings on this site - one housing drugs and books, one housing paints and oils and the third building housing a shoemaker. While the ownership of the property was not clear, it continued to be occupied until 1894.
1. A barber offering baths was located in the one-story frame building on the north side of the property in 1889.
2. Town Square Floors operated here from 1978 - 1984, when they outgrew the space and relocated to their current location across from Georgetown High School. The store was formerly Vaughn's Floor Coverings, which was located on W. 8th in 1965.
Photo by David Valdez, 2023
Photo taken in 1984