An early wooden structure on this site once housed a restaurant, a barber shop, a pool hall and a confectionery, but by 1925 the site was empty. City offices were moved into the present structure in 1971. The site now houses the Georgetown Visitors Information Center.
The early building had a shop selling stoves and tinware with a tinworking shop at the rear. In 1889 there was a bake house with a brick oven at the rear. Attached to this one-story wood frame building was an iron-clad building by 1894.
1. This building served as City Hall in 1971 and through the early 1980s.
Photo by David Valdez, 2023
Photo taken in 1984