Constructed well after the robust Victorian boom period, this simple commercial structure bears little resemblance to its high Victorian counterparts. Nonetheless, it is pleasing in its restrained patterned brickwork. It was rehabilitated into professional space in 1982.
There was a 1-story wood frame building on this site as early as 1889. Some of the early businesses here included a tailor, cobbler barber and millinery shop.
1. This building and the one next door had residences upstairs when they were redone in 1982.
2. Known as the Brookshire-Higginbotham Building, for the two attorneys who practiced here and owned the building. Brookshire had practiced in Georgetown since the 1970s and once served as the President of the County Bar Association.
Photo by David Valdez, 2023
Photo taken in 1984