Rubblestone construction accentuated with hand-tooled limestone characterizes this small early commercial building. Covered with stucco for years, this was one of the earliest buildings in downtown Georgetown to be rehabilitated. In 1980, the owner removed the plaster, exposing the handsome limestone. Of particular merit is the unusual cornice detail.
Early on, this building was owned by Mr. Chessher and Mr. Eidman - both prominent men in early Georgetown. Serving as a boarding house in 1894, it was back to its retail roots with a grocery store in 1900. The building was owned by Tim Marech in 1983 and housed his law office.
1. The Modern Shoe Shop operated here in 1947, specializing in handmade boots and sandals.
2. Tim Maresh was an attorney from Granger who moved to Georgetown in 1950. He served as the County Attorney from 1965-69 and as the city attorney after that.
Photo taken by David Valdez, 2023
Photo taken in 1984