A poured concrete expression of early 20th century industrial design, this early automobile dealership was successfully converted into a retail establishment in 1982.
A wood-frame building with a grain warehouse was located on this site in 1885, with a smaller wood-frame office building on the block wh ich was gone by 1900. A hardware store operated on the block with a wagon and implement shed on the property. By 1905, a marble and granite works occupied the area.
1. By 1889, a smaller wood-frame building on the block housed the Mayor's office.
2. Berry Hardware Store was located here at one point.
Photo by David Valdez, 2023